6/15/08

Fathers u r so necessary

every man, woman and young person on the brink of adulthood should listen to this song..we must take responsibility for these children to nuture, discipline, and guide them




Each and every one of us whether we face it or not has a man in or out of our lives that we've known day to day or from afar as a father. I've been blessed whether
I acted a fool or not to have a constant man in my life from day one. I think of my Mama's daddy and realize she too had a man in her life who loved her dearly. I want to thank him for my Mama and taking her in at a time when she needed him. He walked her down the aisle on the day that would change all our lives forever. I don't know much about my grandfather but I do know he was a grandaddy to me when we saw each other and a father with no less love in distance to my Mama. They both are now together with the Lord and for that I can truly be thankful. This is in tribute to my Daddy Dee.

I want to pay tribute to my Daddy. I would not be the good hearted soul I am without him. My daddy has a heart of gold and forgiveness. I just knew I was blessed as a child because my Daddy always made sure I never went without. I always had top of the line of whatever was the coolest of the cool, but I also got quality time. My Daddy taught me how to ride my bike, introduced me to the love I call music and ALWAYS kept me in it. I wanted to be like my Daddy in so many ways. I took up the classical bass(ok me being CPM, I had to put my spin on it) because my Daddy played bass. I always used to steal his clothes and socks because I loved the patterns(my Daddy is a suit wearing man so he had the fly silky feeling socks lol). I remember when I tried out for the talent show in school I was gonna sing Michael Jackson's Heal the World. Ok ya'll I was a serious MJ fan, so why did I ask my Daddy to borrow his Marine uniform(ok don't act like MJ didn't wear military uniform, and you know the suit I'm talking about lmao). I pulled out that uniform and it was on!!!! Sadly, I didn't end up wearing it, instead I wore one of my Mama's outfits(go figure). The point is this, without him being in my life I would have been a very different woman.

Due to my Daddy I treat everyone with respect, go out of my way to help those I can and truly believe in the power of love and marriage because he gave my Mama the world(literally). I know what it is to see a man that provides and goes more than the extra mile to build and maintain a life for his family. I know a man that even when he lost his wife continued to keep my sister and I in the Lord. Words nor gifts will EVER repay what he has done for us. He took us from Arkansas to Europe on his intelligence, determination, drive and faith that we were better than the cards dealt to us and deserving of all life could offer. I've strayed from him and trust me we were joined at the hip, but as a woman I see all the time he devoted to us. I now look at men in the light of my father and honey that's a light to outshine. I thank you Daddy for loving my Mama and respecting her as your bestfriend and mother of your children. I thank you for taking care of her and sacrificing your job to stay home and wait hand and foot until God called her home. I thank you for doing my hair as a child when Mama worked, and helping me with my perm when she didn't have the strength to do so. I thank you for loving her til death did you part. You are an exceptional man and God fearing and no matter what we can count on you. Happy Father's Day, love Lil Bud

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger _ _ _ said...

Great read, you lamost got a tear out of me, it's father's day and I'm away from home, so it's kind of a sensitive day for me too. Your blog's cool, keep the work, the M video works, but the other one in your father's post, I can't see it.

June 15, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home